"Frankly, my dear, I *DO* give a damn": CLEAN Cleaning Supplies for the Home


Before I had my son, I was pretty naive about cleaning supplies. You name it, I had it-- Windex, Clorox, Mr. Clean, Lysol, etc. In fact, we had a HUGE basket in our laundry room storing all of these proverbial 'wolves in sheep's clothing.' 

After I had my son, I started to wake up. One day when he was a newborn, I was in the kitchen cleaning the countertops with Lysol disinfecting wipes per usual, and it dawned on me-- had I ever even considered what powerful--professed to kill 99.9% of viruses and bacteria-- ingredients lied in this container? Nope. Not once. AND it had to be some INTENSE shit (pardon my language) to kill 99.9% of stuff in its general direction, right?! RIGHT. So I finally stopped, and turned over the bottle to unveil its ingredient list. At first, I scratched my head. I could read the ingredients list but had no earthly clue what any of it actually was. You will see ammonium chloride on the list

Well, what the heck is that?

Ammonium chloride is a mildly acidic, white crystalline salt compound that is very soluble in water. It poses harmful risks to those who use it. It is a powerful skin and lung irritant, in addition to it causing negative effects to your reproductive health. If you are checking out the ingredient list, go ahead and also check out the cautionary statement on the back stating, " wash hands after use." I don't know about you, but when using it, I would seldom wash my hands afterward. Just seems like a bothersome extra task to perform, if you ask me.

At that point, I did a CLEANING SUPPLY CLEANSE, which I would highly recommend, especially if you have little ones running around. I went into the laundry room and DUMPED it ALL!

#1 It felt great to rid myself and my family of contaminates.
#2 I felt like I was taking a pivotal first step toward a healthier lifestyle for my family and me. 

So what do I use now?





BRANCH BASICS-- and it is incredible. Click to receive $10 off your first order!

FUN FACTS: It is plant and mineral based, free of harmful preservatives, non-GMO, not tested on animals, biodegradable, fragrance-free, and most importantly, human-safe. No parabens, phthalates, synthetic preservatives, synthetic fragrances, alcohols, ethoxylates, or SLS. 100% pure. So pure you can even use it on your baby AND fruits and vegetables. 

ALL IN ONE: it is literally all-in-one, so you do not have to scramble around the store for different products to treat different problem areas in your home. It comes to your doorstep as a large bottle of concentrate (plus empty spray bottles that are labeled--all purpose cleaner, hand wash, laundry, bathroom, streak free, etc.) All you have to do is fill the spray bottle to the water line, add the concentrate, shake, and voila, you're good to go! 

AFFORDABLE: The starter kit retails at around $59.99, but if you want the oxygen boost, too (I'd also highly recommend), it's $69.99. It sounds outlandishly expensive, but hear me out for a minute... I purchased my branch basics kit + oxygen boost 4 months ago, and at this point, I'm probably at the halfway mark with my concentrate. Sooo...that means, I'll likely have a good 4 more months to go until I need to replenish the concentrate. That is a seriously long time, if you ask me- especially if you consider the fact that it serves as your laundry detergent, hand wash (can even double as face and body wash, FYI), kitchen, bathroom, baby products, fruits and vegetables, appliances, flooring, carpet cleaner..the list goes on...

To end this spring cleaning post right, here's a picture of delicious lemon cookies I made last summer and will totally make again THIS summer 🍋



Comments

Post a Comment